I turn 21 in about 4 hours......woot!
I'm pretty stoked for tonight because the people who I love will be together, minus a few. But still God has totally provided for sisters to come visit for the night. An added bonus is getting to have a sleep over in my apartment with all of them after, which I never had a birthday sleepover, so that's pretty epic.
At dinner tonight I was talking with two of my sisters about how after you turn 21 there aren't many big or memorable birthdays to look forward to. When you turn 10 it's your first double digit age, then 13 your finally a teenager. 16 you get a big party, and your learners permit. 17 you get your drivers license, 18 you can vote. 19 is your last teenage years, 20 is your first twenty, 21 your legal. Then what? You die? Oh at 25 you can rent a car..woot.
As I was reflecting about what's next after 21 it hit me, HEAVEN! Duh! I mean how exciting is heaven going to be. It's like a birthday everyday because you can see the people whom you love the most daily! How beautiful is that.
So today I pray for you and the gift you have been in my life. Thanks Mom and Dad for choosing life.
No comments:
Post a Comment