Last Sunday I posted Adam Bitter's song "Overwhelm Me". (See June 10th post if you haven't yet)
This weekend I was completely overwhelmed in the best way possible.
I was given the opportunity to speak at all the masses at my parish to invite parishioners on mission with me. The generosity of the men and women of the parish was amazing. Not only did they donate money to the mission, they have committed to praying for the Life Teen Missionaries for the next year. The prayer is really what is going to get us through the next year ahead of us.
This morning I was stopped on my way to mass by a woman who has been praying for me while on God's mission since 2010 when I was first called to be a Summer Missionary. She has known my family since we first came to the parish and is a faith filled woman of God. She handed me an envelope, gave me a hug and said "GO, do God's work". I chose my seat at mass and began to simply thank God for her yes.
As the countdown to summer camp dwindles down to single digit numbers, and I begin to pack my bags I'm reminded of how sometimes its hard to say yes. Yes Lord, I'll leave my family for a month. Yes Lord, I'll go across the country where I don't know anyone. Yes Lord, I know this is going to be hard but your plan is always better than mine. Yes Lord, I will follow you.
I continue to pray for your YES in whatever God is calling you to do. I know it can be scary but God has a plan, and it's OK to be scared. I promise you he will hold you close whenever you are scared. There hasn't been a single thing that God has placed in my path that I have regretted. Joy comes from the Lord. Ask HIM for that joy and you will not be disappointed.
Thank you so much to all of Life Teen's Missions partners. Your YES is appreciated.
Summer Camp Countdown: 6 days
No comments:
Post a Comment