"Oh, Atlanta?....is it safe?"
"Really? Your spending a week Haiti, be careful"
"Mexico? And your DRIVING, be careful"
I'm not a very dangerous kid. I haven't fallen out of any trees, broken any bones or even got a single stitch. The most physically dangerous thing I've ever done was playing High School Women's Rugby. My position was hooker, and most likely to break her nose. I never even came close!
Let's face the reality; you could slip on a banana peel and die. Or trip over your own two feet into on coming traffic and get hit by a taxi. So being a missionary, with teenagers, in America seemed pretty safe.
BOY WAS I WRONG!
Everyday I put my life on the line to defend my faith. I have to admit that I am weak, let me guard down and let Jesus take over my heart. Now people THAT is dangerous yet so comforting. Remember the song Oceans? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8mZpGj29qw) Well the line "my soul will rest in your embrace" gives me great hope when I feel scared or nervous about the mission the LORD has me on. If I'm pursing the LORD with passion and zeal for souls then, I am safe and nothing can harm me....except maybe a banana peel.
"The safest place for us to be at any point in our lives is passionately pursing God and the purpose to which he has called us"-Bill Johnson in "Strengthen Yourself in the Lord"
PS- Read that book. It will radically change your life!
No comments:
Post a Comment