"He is calling me to bring good news to the poor"
While preparing my heart for this next adventure of a Mission trip to Houston, starting another semester at Leo and being HIS beloved I've had this song lyric repeat over and over agian. Before going to Covecrest and experiencing the love and brokeness of so many teens, I thought the word poor just ment those without money. But it means so much more, those who don't know the love, the unconditional love, that HE has for us. It could be the teller at the bank, the kid who's just trying to make a few bucks at Dunkin Donuts, or the grouchy school bus driver. Who ever it is, they are LOVED unconditionally by the Lord!
Every morning I wake up and say a quick prayer. "Hey God, use me as in an instrument today, in whatever way you need me to, give me the confidence to say YES". I leave in less than 24 hours to begin a quick 3 day mission trip with sisters whom I've missed terribly, in a place where I've never been. I'm a little nervous, dont get me wrong. I'm the type of person who likes details, and has every minute of my day planned out. But not on God's time. All I know for sure is when I'm landing in Houston and when I'm leaving Houston. Even that could be changed by a blizzard, or high winds.
God has called and I have said YES. "Will you go where you don't know and never be the same" YES
So I ask you to pray for my brothers, and sisters who are going to Mexico to serve, and those of us staying behind in Houston. We pray for safe travels, and that the love of God can shine through them. AMEN
No comments:
Post a Comment