Dear Lent,
You confuse me.
Sincerely Hungry
I'm not really sure how I feel about Lent, but Ash Wednesday in particular. We walk around campus with black dirt on our forehead, getting weird looks from everyone who doesn't have a cross on their head. Are we as Catholics singling ourselves out during this time? Are we boasting we aren't eating meat? Are we complaining we aren't eating meat? Or are we humbling accepting the food we do have and finding an alternative?
The buzz around the Dining Hall today was either, "There is nothing to eat" or "What are you giving up for Lent?". Both questions clearly impacted the campus as a whole. I started to pray into what I would be giving up for Lent during Advent. As I prayed more about it I started to realize I didn't want to give anything up I wanted to do more. I know I know "Amanda you shouldn't be doing ANY MORE!" But I'm going to run everyday and offer up my run for member of my family. Once I offer that run I will then write a letter to the person I've prayed for the entire day.
So that's what I'm doing for Lent. I hope your Lent is fruitful!
I pray that these next 40 Days I will develop a better understanding of Lent.
No comments:
Post a Comment