Monday, September 20, 2010

What is my purpose?

Through out this entire month of being on campus as the SGU President I've struggled with my purpose here. What can I do to glorify God here at St. Leo?  Through a lot of prayers, and patience and just some really blessed conversations its obvious but not easy. I am here to love. Just love. I can't grant everyone with the money they ask, or the time the desire, or even to attend all the meetings I'm asked to be at, but I can love and so can you. I've noticed that if I pray to God asking him to use me as an instrument of HIS love then I can do it. If I think I'm going to just love all 1700 students on campus by myself boy am I wrong. Only HIS love can handle all the brokenness on campus, only HIS love can handle the brokenness in my own heart. So I pray that if I do one thing on this campus it's to show God's love to all of HIS people here at St. Leo.

While writing this blog this song came on Spirit FM and I have no idea what it's called or who even sings it but these words are just speaking to my heart at this moment. This is exactly what I feel. HIS love for us is so pure and so unconditional. I can turn to HIM at anytime, in any mood I'm in and HE loves me right where I'm at.  "I know my love for You is real 'cause I can feel it inside and that's all I need 'cause Your love sets me free"



"Keep alert, stand firm in your faith, be courageous be strong. Let all you do be done in love." 1 Cor. 16: 13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment